"Intellectual distinction is a necessary but not a sufficient condition for election to a Rhodes Scholarship. Selection committees are charged to seek excellence in qualities of mind and in qualities of person which, in combination, offer the promise of effective service to the world in the decades ahead. The Rhodes Scholarships, in short, are investments in individuals rather than in project proposals..."

Monday, August 25, 2008

He's done it and I'm so proud...


My dear husband has done it! Tonight is the last night of his MBA classes and I'm so very proud of him.

He started this endeavor in February of 2006. Our fourth child was 7 months old and our oldest was, at the time, only 7. In April of 2006, his job was eliminated at Best Buy and he spent the next 6 months working tirelessly to find a job AND still work on his MBA. He was back to work in November of 2006, but not in an ideal situation, so he was continually looking to improve his situation and kept pursuing other opportunities while still working on his MBA. In March of 2007, our 4th child had surgery and our 5th child was born and with him came some difficulties. The next month, my mom was diagnosed with a terminal illness that took me away from the family quite a bit. Still, he endured. He hung in there until September of 2007 when she finally got better, praise God. But, until that time he worked full time, came home and helped take care of the house and kids and a very sad wife AND worked on his MBA. He allowed me to take on things that he knew were important to me, like running our homeschool co-op for two years and pursuing this crazy thing called TJEd. He counseled me when difficult situations arose. And, he kept on being a Cub Scout leader for my oldest son's den. Life kept happening. He kept enduring.

He is an amazing man. He does not give up and he has patience. He has to in order to be (and stay) married to me ( a will-of-a-wisp). He endures. And most importantly, he succeeds. I am just so proud.

God bless you, my loving husband. I know that all this hard work WILL pay off and we will see the fruits (although I think we have seen many along the way). Thank you for all your hard work.

No comments: