"Intellectual distinction is a necessary but not a sufficient condition for election to a Rhodes Scholarship. Selection committees are charged to seek excellence in qualities of mind and in qualities of person which, in combination, offer the promise of effective service to the world in the decades ahead. The Rhodes Scholarships, in short, are investments in individuals rather than in project proposals..."

Monday, May 7, 2012

Quick! Before it's too late!


Calling all Catholic Home Educators!!! The Minnesota Catholic Home Education Conference takes place on June 1-2 at the beautiful University of St. Thomas Campus in St. Paul, MN.  It's not too late for the discounted registration.  Early bird discounts end on May 9th.  There will be great speakers, including the keynote, Marcel LeJeune, great vendors and great camaraderie.  I love seeing friends, visiting, looking at all the new curriculum and getting a much-needed booster shot of Catholicism.

I hope you can make it.  If you do, I hope you can squeeze me in to your schedule.  I am giving the Beginning Homeschooling talk at 11am and my favorite talk, This Old School House at 3pm.  I hope I see you there!

No comments: